Since COVID-19 upended life this spring, our Task Force has met weekly to make sure we insure that ministries continue safely. While we had hoped that worship might resume in the sanctuary for Advent, current Los Angeles County infection rates preclude that possibility. Now the Task Force and Session committees are exploring other options for late November through December – some online; some outdoors in person. Watch the News & Concerns for updates!
the COVID-19 pandemic continues to distance us from our communities, it is easy
to feel isolated. Though we cannot come together in person, we are blessed that
we are not alone. We are still a community that cares for one another, and for
WPC’s leaders are committed to doing what we can to slow the transmission of COVID-19. To that end, we will continue to follow best practices – including suspending in-person gatherings like worship and meetings for as long as needed.
But we are also committed to being the church. This happens in many ways:
Worship. We are posting every week. Click here for the latest worship audio and videos. Watch for a new one each weekend. We encourage you to join on-line worship with us Sundays at 10am Pacific time. To receive the video and bulletin by email, click here.
Sunday school classes for children, youth, and adults. Click here for Sunday School Resources prepared by Janelle Pearson, Director of Children & Family Ministries and Jake Putich, Director of Student Ministries. Janelle and Jake will also be emailing parents more resources in the coming weeks; click here to subscribe to these email groups.
Adult Education and Spiritual Formation
- Adult Bible Forum is meeting on Sunday mornings at 11:00am on ZOOM. Contact Matt Hardin at firstname.lastname@example.org for details on how you can join the group via Zoom.
- Women’s meditation is meeting on Thursday mornings at 8:30am. Contact Janelle Pearson at email@example.com for details on how you can join the group via Zoom.
Guided Meditations, led by our own Becky Crane-Okada,
are posted on our website periodically. Click here to participate.
Support group meetings like AA, Al-Anon, and FA are connecting in different ways. To find out how to connect with a group, contact your group leader directly.
Congregational care needs all of us. The Deacons are leading the way as we tend our beloved community. If you know of anyone in need of outreach, or yourself need assistance, contact one of our pastors. And if you can offer help – like grocery shopping or making a phone call – please let us know.
Mission and Outreach is going strong and you get involved. Click below to:
Committee and board meetings continue to meet by Zoom or Conference Call as we plan worship, support mission, tend to finances, and more.
In the meantime, we urge you to use this time to practice your faith – especially to love your neighbor as yourself (Mark 12:31).
- Keep yourself safe. If your health is vulnerable, avoid crowds.
- Keep others safe. Avoid shaking hands. Wash hands frequently. When possible, cover your hand when opening doors and using keypads.
- Keep sharing the fruit of the Spirit: “love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, generosity, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control” (Gal. 3:22-23). Our anxious world needs the calm of the Spirit of Christ. As Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled – neither let it be afraid” (John 14:27).
We will continue to update you as the situation changes. If you have any questions or concerns, please be in touch.
Stay safe and get yourself tested! Los Angeles County COVID-19 testing is free for EVERYONE in Los Angeles, whether or not you have insurance. Most testing centers give results in less than 48 hours. You can make an appointment online and get a "drive-thru" test from the comfort and safety of your car.
If you are unable to leave your home to go to a drive-thru or walk-up testing center, you may be able to schedule a medical technician to come to your home! Results are available in 2-3 business days through Helping Hands Senior Foundation.