In-Person Worship at WPC is cancelled
through the end of january, 2022
Once we return to in-person worship (hopefully in February, 2022), there are our worship service guidelines:
We are blessed to worship at church again! We are registering everyone in case we need to do contact-tracing. While walk-ins are welcome, pre-registration helps everyone get in faster! Enter at the red doors on Wilshire Blvd. Once inside, masks are required in order to ensure each other’s well-being. We will be giving out K-N95 masks every Sunday which offer better protection against the spread of COVID. Please wear these masks for everyone’s sake, and especially our section leaders. We encourage you to sing – but sing softly, to be on the safe side. And while we are not requiring vaccination records, we encourage everyone who can be vaccinated to do so – to care for yourself, and out of care for our whole family of faith.
Click here to reserve your spot in an upcoming service
Before You Attend
Determine Your Participation
- Are you or anyone in your immediate household exhibiting
COVID-19 like symptoms such as fever, loss of taste or smell, chest tightness,
fatigue, cough, nausea, sore throat, shortness of breath or difficulty
- Have you had contact with anyone who has tested positive
for COVID-19 within the past 10 days? If so, be sure you test negative for COVID-19 before attending?
- Do you have a temperature over 100.4 degrees? (non-touch
temperature checks will be conducted at the sanctuary entrance as a part of
If the answer is yes to any of these questions, we invite
you to continue to worship with Livestream or through our posted tapings of the
During the Service
- Wear a Mask. Masks
are required for all persons ages 2 and older while on church premises. Masks should cover
both mouth and nose and be worn for the duration of the service. Should your mask not be available or
forgotten, church ushers can make one available upon request.
- Check-in. Ushers will
maintain a table at the front, red door entrance to the Sanctuary. You will be asked to fill out a health check
and COVID acknowledgement, provide email or phone for potential contact tracing
and have your temperature checked.
- Offering. Offering
will not be collected during the service. Please consider giving online here. Envelopes may be dropped at designated collection plates which may be
found in the Narthex of the sanctuary.
- Congregational Participation. While keeping your mask on, we invite you to
quietly recite your response to responsive readings and prayer and you may sing quiety along with the hymns. On
Communion Sundays, communion will be available in the Narthex in sealed,
disposable containers which may be picked up upon entering. At the appropriate time in the worship
service, congregants will be allowed to briefly lower their masks to partake of
the elements. We ask that you replace
your mask as soon as practical.
- The in-person service will be both Livestreamed and
recorded. We will not feature any individuals
in the congregation, but your image could be partially visible on camera. Please let the church office know if you have
any concerns about this matter.
- Adult Education Programs. Our Adult Education programs are now meeting after worship! Check your Sunday bulletin or News & Concerns for details on how to join Adult Bible Forum, Faith, Search, & Support, and Faith Conversations.
- Children. Children sit with their families until they are dismissed to leave through the front left door of the sanctuary with the Sunday School teachers. They’ll engage in a special time of prayer and Bible story activities on the playground. When Sunday School has concluded, children are escorted to the side porch to rejoin their families. Please
contact our Director of Children & Family Ministries, Jessica Place, at
email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Youth. The Westwood Youth Collective (6th-12th grade) will gather upstairs in the Youth Lounge on Sunday mornings at 10:15am! We've equipped the room to host hybrid meetings so those
who are unable to attend church or feel more comfortable joining from home can
still participate on Zoom! Youth are asked to sit in the Sanctuary with their parents until children and youth are dismissed partway through the service. Please
contact our Director of Student Ministries, Jake Putich at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
After the Service
And in the meantime, if you cannot be with us in person for worship, we encourage you to join us online here at 10:00am. We can’t wait to see you back
at WPC…whenever you are ready!