WPC joins with our larger Presbyterian community in condemning the sin of racism and confessing the need for systemic change. We encourage you to prayerfully meditate on these powerful resources and statements from our denomination and presbytery:
- A brief video from the Stated Clerk of the PCUSA: https://www.pcusa.org/news/2020/5/29/stated-clerk-remembers-recent-victims-racial-viole/
- A statement from the Executive Director of the PCUSA: https://www.presbyterianmission.org/story/it-is-a-righteous-and-holy-anger-that-sees-injustice-and-knows-that-it-is-wrong/
- A statement from the General Presbyter of Pacific Presbytery: https://www.pacificpresbytery.org/index.php/2020/06/10/general-presbyters-response-racial-violence-political-unrest/
- A statement from the Moderator of Pacific Presbytery: https://www.pacificpresbytery.org/index.php/2020/06/10/moderators-letter-response-to-racial-violence-how-to-take-action/
- A statement from the Special Committee on Racism Truth and Reconciliation: https://www.pcusa.org/news/2020/6/25/statement-special-committee-racism-truth-and-recon/
We know that statements are not enough. WPC’s leaders are committed to exploring how we can learn in this awakening, and be transformed by the power of Christ.