We are blessed to worship at church again! We are registering everyone in case we need to do contact-tracing. While walk-ins are welcome, pre-registration helps everyone get in faster! Enter at the red doors on Wilshire Blvd. Once inside, masks are required in order to ensure each other’s well-being. We encourage you to sing – but sing softly, to be on the safe side. And while we are not requiring vaccination records, we encourage everyone who can be vaccinated to do so – to care for yourself, and out of care for our whole family of faith.
Before You Attend
Determine Your Participation
- Are you or anyone in your immediate household exhibiting COVID-19 like symptoms such as fever, loss of taste or smell, chest tightness, fatigue, cough, nausea, sore throat, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?
- Have you had contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Do you have a temperature over 100.4 degrees? (non-touch temperature checks will be conducted at the sanctuary entrance as a part of check-in)
If the answer is yes to any of these questions, we invite you to continue to worship with Livestream or through our posted tapings of the service.
During the Service
- Wear a Mask. Masks are required for all persons ages 2 and older while on church premises. Masks should cover both mouth and nose and be worn for the duration of the service. Should your mask not be available or forgotten, church ushers can make one available upon request.
- Check-in. Ushers will maintain a table at the front, red door entrance to the Sanctuary. You will be asked to fill out a health check and COVID acknowledgement, provide email or phone for potential contact tracing and have your temperature checked.
- Offering. Offering will not be collected during the service. Please consider giving online here. Envelopes may be dropped at designated collection plates which may be found in the Narthex of the sanctuary.
- Congregational Participation. While keeping your mask on, we invite you to quietly recite your response to responsive readings and prayer and you may sing quiety along with the hymns. On Communion Sundays, communion will be available in the Narthex in sealed, disposable containers which may be picked up upon entering. At the appropriate time in the worship service, congregants will be allowed to briefly lower their masks to partake of the elements. We ask that you replace your mask as soon as practical.
- The in-person service will be both Livestreamed and recorded. We will not feature any individuals in the congregation, but your image could be partially visible on camera. Please let the church office know if you have any concerns about this matter.
- Adult Education Programs. Our Adult Education programs are now meeting after worship! Check your Sunday bulletin or News & Concerns for details on how to join Adult Bible Forum, Faith, Search, & Support, and Faith Conversations.
- Children. Children sit with their families until they are dismissed to leave through the front left door of the sanctuary with the Sunday School teachers. They’ll engage in a special time of prayer and Bible story activities on the playground. When Sunday School has concluded, children are escorted to the side porch to rejoin their families. Please contact our Director of Children & Family Ministries, Jessica Place, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
- Youth. The Westwood Youth Collective (6th-12th grade) will gather upstairs in the Youth Lounge on Sunday mornings at 10:15am! We've equipped the room to host hybrid meetings so those who are unable to attend church or feel more comfortable joining from home can still participate on Zoom! Youth are asked to sit in the Sanctuary with their parents until children and youth are dismissed partway through the service. Please contact our Director of Student Ministries, Jake Putich at email@example.com if you have any questions.
After the Service
And in the meantime, if you cannot be with us in person for worship, we encourage you to join us online here at 10:00am. We can’t wait to see you back at WPC…whenever you are ready!