We are so blessed to be back in worship in our sanctuary again! Now that California has lifted COVID restrictions, we are able to fill the pews on the first floor of the sanctuary, allowing us to welcome 190 people. (The balcony is not yet available due to our temporary A/V equipment.) Please check in at the double red doors on Wilshire Blvd. We encourage you to arrive early so we have time to check everyone in before the service begins. After worship, we will enjoy fellowship on the side porch!
Register today to save your space in this service and you will be sent an email confirmation with guidelines of what to expect when you arrive.
Before You Attend
Determine Your Participation
- Are you or anyone in your immediate household exhibiting COVID-19 like symptoms such as fever, loss of taste or smell, chest tightness, fatigue, cough, nausea, sore throat, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing?
- Have you had contact with anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 14 days?
- Do you have a temperature over 100.4 degrees? (non-touch temperature checks will be conducted at the sanctuary entrance as a part of check-in)
If the answer is yes to any of these questions, we invite you to continue to worship with Livestream or through our posted tapings of the service.
During the Service
- Wear a Mask. Masks are required for all persons ages 2 and older while on church premises, both indoors and outdoors. Masks should cover both mouth and nose and be worn for the duration of the service. Should your mask not be available or forgotten, church ushers can make one available upon request.
- Maintain Physical Distancing when able. Physical distancing continues to be an important aspect of keeping people safe. Church restroom use will be limited to one user or family at a time.
- Check-in. Ushers will maintain a table at the front, red door entrance to the Sanctuary. You will be asked to fill out a health check and COVID acknowledgement, provide email or phone for potential contact tracing and have your temperature checked.
- Offering. Offering will not be collected during the service. Please consider giving online here. Envelopes may be dropped at designated collection plates which may be found in the Narthex of the sanctuary.
- Congregational Participation. While keeping your mask on, we invite you to quietly recite your response to responsive readings and prayer and to you may sing quiety along with the recorded hymns. On Communion Sundays, communion will be available in the Narthex in sealed, disposable containers which may be picked up upon entering. At the appropriate time in the worship service, congregants will be allowed to briefly lower their masks to partake of the elements. We ask that you replace your mask as soon as practical.
- The in-person service will be both Livestreamed and recorded. We will not feature any individuals in the congregation, but your image could be partially visible on camera. Please let the church office know if you have any concerns about this matter.
- Adult Education Programs. Our Adult Education programs will continue to meet online for the time being. Stay tuned for updates soon about groups meeting in person!
- Children. We'll have nursery care available in Room 1 for children under 5. Sunday School for K-5th grade will be held outside. Kids can be dropped off at the side porch before service begins rather than starting in the sanctuary - Sunday School teachers will escort them to the playground from there. Of course kids are welcome to stay in worship with their parents instead of going to Sunday School if they prefer. Please contact our Director of Children & Family Ministries, Jessica Place, at email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Youth. The Westwood Youth Collective (6th-12th grade) will gather upstairs in the Youth Lounge starting at 10:00am on Sundays! We've equipped the room to host hybrid meetings so those who are unable to attend church or feel more comfortable joining from home can still participate on Zoom! Please contact our Director of Student Ministries, Jake Putich at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Starting June 27, children and youth are asked to sit with their parents for the beginning of worship, and then, part-way through the service,
head to Sunday School/Westwood Youth Collective.
After the Service
Following the benediction, you may remain for the postlude or exit the side aisle. Ushers will be available to assist and provide direction.
We Can’t Wait to See You Back at WPC…whenever you are ready!