Even though in-person gatherings are postponed here at WPC, we are working to provide ways for all of us to remain connected and engaged with our faith. In addition to online worship services, over the coming days the church will be offering a variety of adult education and spiritual enrichment opportunities. A few updates:
- Adult Bible Forum is meeting via ZOOM/conference call! We are thankful to Elizabeth Evans, M.Div., for leading a new study on the book of Luke. This class meets on Sundays at 11:00am, but you can join any time. For information on how to join this study, please contact Pastor Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are some great online resources to aid us in our walks of faith during this uncertain season. Some we recommend include the following free and low cost options:
- The Upper Room Devotional - though the physical church/office is closed and you cannot currently pick up a copy in-person, The Upper Room ministries is providing a FREE copy of their devotional: click here for the May/June issue of The Upper Room
- Morning Prayer via Facebook Live, every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 9:00am. (PT). These guided prayer experiences are archived so you may join us at your convenience if you miss it live.
- The Daily Prayer App from the PCUSA, which provides services for daily prayer, Psalms for the day, scripture readings, and prayers of thanksgiving and intercession. Visit: https://www.pcusa.org/news/2012/10/31/daily-prayer-app-here/
- Living into Lent (now free on Amazon Kindle), which is a resource for Lenten reflection and study written by noted Presbyterian theologian and educator Donald K. McKim. Visit: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0664265405/
- Daily E-Meditations from the Henri Nouwen Society, the Center for Action and Contemplation (by Fr. Richard Rohr), and the Upper Room
- Last but certainly not least, we can’t recommend enough the original (and still best) source for all Christian knowledge and faith, the Bible. We encourage you to pull yours off the shelf, dust it off if needed, and take time to let God’s timeless word speak to you!